- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3. Collecting personal information
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details
- information contained in, or relating to, any communications that you send to us or submit through our website
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
4. Using your personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business
- personalise our website for you
- supply to you services purchased through our website
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- send you non-marketing commercial communications about your trip or other services
- send you our email newsletter or other marketing communications relating to our business (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require these communications)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, World Pay. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
5. Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
- Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- recognise a computer when a user visits the website
- track users as they navigate the website
- enable the use of a shopping cart on the website
- improve the website’s usability
- analyse the use of the website
- administer the website
- prevent fraud and improve the security of the website
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
11. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Vie et Velo. Our principal place of business is at 2/65 Chepstow Road, London, England, W2 5QR.
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +33 (0) 603 76 64 14.